It is the height of road-trip season when we all are itching to get away. It doesn’t have to be someplace far away for a week; just for the weekend will do just fine! Here are the top 5 day-trip musts this summer. If you are having too much fun, add on a night’s hotel stay and head back in the morning.
- The Alamo. At a little over 4 hours away in San Antonio, the Alamo is a must see for Texas. Afterwards, enjoy dinner at the River Walk.
- Blue Hole Regional Park in Wimberley, TX. At around 4 hours away, this park offers hiking, picnicking, and a swimming hole with natural spring fed waters. For swimming, the less crowded times are when they open or after 2 or 3. Between then, you may have to wait a bit due to their capacity limits (which is a good thing).
- Blanco State Park. In Blanco, TX and just under a 4-hour drive, this southern destination has everything to do with outside summer fun. Rent a canoe or tube, swim, fish, or camp.
- Natural Bridge Caverns. Also, a San Antonio visit at the 4-hour drive, you can stay cool in the caves through a variety of tours, including a hidden passage and lantern tour. There is also a 3-4-hour adventure tour involving rappelling, hiking, and climbing. In addition, this attraction offers an outdoor maze, zip lining, and a canopy explorer course. Get tickets in advance and allow a couple of hours.
- Visit Galveston. Pier 21 offers boat and dolphin tours, or visit one of the many beaches to swim, relax, play beach volleyball, watch a sand castle competition or listen to live entertainment.
It’s good for the mind, body and spirit to get away and relax. Have fun! <3